Word Tips and Tricks – Intermediate & Advanced
Improve your productivity and efficiency in Microsoft Word with these useful tips on some of the most overlooked features in Word 2020. See how to use Word Online, set defaults for new documents, and stay up to date with the frequent changes to Word. The course will also delve into specialized text formatting and provides other helpful tips for working with nonprinting characters, revealing formatting, customizing the spell-check dictionary, password-protecting documents, and more.
Computer Basics and Working with Windows or File Management Skills or equivalent experience.
Title: Word Tips and Tricks – Intermediate & Advanced PDF
Materials: Please bring a Flash Drive/Memory Stick 512MB or larger to class which will enable you to save your class work
- 1/13/2021 - 1:00 - 2:30 PM / 3:00 - 4:30 PM
- 1/26/2021 - 8:30 - 10:00 AM / 10:30 - 12:00 PM
- 3/10/2021 - 1:00 - 2:30 PM / 3:00 - 4:30 PM
- 3/18/2021 - 1:00 - 2:30 PM / 3:00 - 4:30 PM
- 3/29/2021 - 1:00 - 2:30 PM / 3:00 - 4:30 PM
- 4/15/2021 - 1:00 - 2:30 PM / 3:00 - 4:30 PM
- 5/5/2021 - 1:00 - 2:30 PM / 3:00 - 4:30 PM
- Recognize what the default font size option allows you to do.
- Identify the best way to run updates for Word.
- Recall where you should apply a drop cap for effect.
- Name the option you should use if you need to count the spaces between words in a document.
- Identify how to keep the spell-checker from becoming a nuisance while working on a document.
- Explain when you should compress all of the pictures in your document.
Colleges and Universities