LLI 959 Digital Literacy for the 21st Century - Overview
Digital Computing Devices & Networks
- Understand what are digital computing devices.
- Understand the main components of a digital computing device.
- Understand the main components of computer hardware.
- Understand the components of computer software.
- Understand what is a digital network.
- Understand what are the components of a wired network.
- Understand what are the components of a wireless network.
- Understand the differences between telecommunication wireless and computer wireless networks.
Student Exercise 1
- 1. List all the digital computing devices your interact with daily.
- 2. List the main component of your laptop, tablet, or phone. What is the type and version of your devices.
- 3. List the peripheral devices of your laptop, tablet, or phone.What is the primary peripheral device of your computing device?
- 4. What is the operating system and version of your computing device?
- 5. Group your devices based on how they connect to a network.(Wired, WiFi, or Mobile)
- 6. Share your lists with a classmate.
Technical Terms, Jargon, Acronyms, and Abbreviations
Digital Literacy Links
Encryption Products and Services
Encryption Software Tools 2018
Computing Devices Help Links
Cloud Computing Links
Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) Links
Platform as a service (PaaS) Links
Software as a service (SaaS) Links
Cloud Office Applications
Cloud Social Media
Cloud Media Services - Music
Cloud Media Services - Video
E-Learning & Discovery
Opt-Out of Information
Secure Email Services
How Browsers Work