LLI 149 Cloud Computing for the Home & Office
The new age of computing has meant we barely ever store things on our devices anymore, and instead we keep our beloved photos, documents and videos in the ubiquitous cloud. However, cloud computing takes many forms and it can get pretty confusing to figure out how to get the most of each service. From OneDrive to iCloud, Google drive to Netflix and iTunes, the course covers the biggest and best of cloud computing and will teach you the best way to manage these online services. This course is intended for computer users who are comfortable navigating the Internet.
Computer Basics, File Management Skills, or equivalent experience.
Please bring a Flash Drive/Memory Stick 512MB or larger to class which will enable you to save your class work.
Number of Sessions: 1
Time: 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Location: Rockville - SB 117
- • Course Overview Presentation
- • Introduction to Cloud Computing
- • Cloud Storage
- • Cloud Office Applications
- • Cloud Social Media
- • Cloud Media Services
Exercise 1 - Cloud Storage
- Discuss the cloud storage services you use.
Exercise 2 - Cloud Office Application: Office 365
- Discuss the cloud office applications services you use.
Exercise 3 - Cloud Office Application: Google for Work
- Discuss the use of Google Applications cloud services you use.
Exercise 4 - Cloud Social Media
- Discuss the social media applications services you use.
Exercise 5 - Cloud Music Media
- Discuss the cloud media music applications services you use.
Exercise 6 - Cloud Video Media
- Discuss the cloud video applications services you use.
Cloud Computing Links
Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) Links
Platform as a service (PaaS) Links
Software as a service (SaaS) Links
Cloud Office Applications
Cloud Social Media
Cloud Media Services - Music
Cloud Media Services - Video